Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My buddy purchased a 2011 mitsubishi eclipse about a year ago, and its been a great car since he got it. Very few issues with it, all except for the headlights. The day he purchased it i spent about an hour replacing the HID bulb that was not working, and in the end it was the ballast and he ordered it and we got it fixed... i was blown away. His model is a gs sport, four cylinder. I could not believe that his car even came with HID headlights, but also the fact that they have the automatic adjustment feature from factory. So anyways- we get it fixed after many long headache induced afternoons and its been working fine. The new deal with it, is that the housings are quite faded and it really just makes the car look pretty awful on the front, so he wants to get new housings. The only housings he can find, that support the factory HID assembly AND the solenoid for the automatic adjustment feature... are like 600 dollars. Naturally he is looking at the other housings for the halogens or LEDs and they are like 200$. The goal- to make his car simpler and easier to work on, is to get rid of the HID assemblies. I was looking over the wiring harness and there are 4 wires, one purple, one grey and two black. He purchased two plugs that work for halogens, and they have 3 wires, a black, a white and a blue. I am looking to see if anyone has any experience here switching from HIDs to another kind, i know usually people go TO HIDs. If anyone is aware of what wires are neutrals, hots and so forth for the purple/grey/black setup, i can work with that also. Really just curious because we cant find any information online about switching from HIDs to Halogens or LEDs. Thanks for your time, I appreciate any advice!

-Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah it’s pretty easy actually.

when you go inside of the housing you literally just throw out the whole car.

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts