Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Ive been watching scotty kilmer and how he goes off saying nissan are pos money pits because of their jatco cvt. My 2012 lancer also has a jatco cvt from nissan. Im worried about its longevity, I havent had problems yet and its only 115,00 km. When I go on marketplace the highest mileage lancer i found were 180k-200k and theyre selling them as is for like 3000$.

Since its a no accident low miles car, should I just try to sell it for about 8000$ cad or keep driving it till something breaks on it? I live in canada so everything rusts anyways and I would be getting a camry. Is it worth losing a little of bit of money now since I bought it for 11,300 incl tax 2 years ago and go for a camry even though both are going to rust. I drive <10k km a year btw

Thanks and please share if you have any problem with mitsubishi cvts so far and what your mileage is.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oil change and flush should be done at 90000 here in Australia. And missing this, or using the incorrect oil to replace or even just top up is the biggest cause of failure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey

Ive been watching scotty kilmer and how he goes off saying nissan are pos money pits because of their jatco cvt. My 2012 lancer also has a jatco cvt from nissan. Im worried about its longevity, I havent had problems yet and its only 115,00 km. When I go on marketplace the highest mileage lancer i found were 180k-200k and theyre selling them as is for like 3000$.

Since its a no accident low miles car, should I just try to sell it for about 8000$ cad or keep driving it till something breaks on it? I live in canada so everything rusts anyways and I would be getting a camry. Is it worth losing a little of bit of money now since I bought it for 11,300 incl tax 2 years ago and go for a camry even though both are going to rust. I drive <10k km a year btw

Thanks and please share if you have any problem with mitsubishi cvts so far and what your mileage is.
I work at at dealer in the US and we rarely run into problems with the CVT trannys in the Lancer. JUst keep the fluid and filters (there are 2 in that transmission) changed and they will last. A friend of mine has a 2010 Lancer with almost 300,000 (483000 km) miles on it and it is still going strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts