Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big job to replace? Part looks reasonable ($60) but estimates are $1500 plus to replace. How many hours are involved in a core replacement?

had this car since new, just put $3000 in tires, brakes, struts etc. I guess I should have traded it in. a little low on r134a last year and I added some and it worked till last week then when I charged it again it cooled but I detect leakage into the cab. The next day it’s empty again. Has to be the evaporator, right?

To change it the whole dash has to come out, right?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
493 Posts
It would take me a day to do, and i have done quit a few of them, so expect it to take longer than that.

The whole dashboard comes out, then the heater assembly comes out, then you have to split the assembly to remove the evaporator

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big job to replace? Part looks reasonable ($60) but estimates are $1500 plus to replace. How many hours are involved in a core replacement?

had this car since new, just put $3000 in tires, brakes, struts etc. I guess I should have traded it in. a little low on r134a last year and I added some and it worked till last week then when I charged it again it cooled but I detect leakage into the cab. The next day it’s empty again. Has to be the evaporator, right?

To change it the whole dash has to come out, right?
i have a 08 endeavor. It took kk ne like half a day by reallyjust being with my dad and having a good time. Don't waste your money buy the gaskets ge some pag oil and you should be able to make a day out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts