Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help trying to find the starter in a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander. The car won’t start, I have checked the alternator and the battery and both are in working condition. My next area to attack is the starter, but need help finding the location. I have looked on YouTube and I have tried different pages but no one can give me the direct location. Please help!

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
241 Posts
What engine do you have?

What does the car do when you try to start it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it’s the V6 sport and when I try to turn the key it clicks.... it doesn’t try to turn over. I have tried charging the battery and I took the belt off and was able to spin the alternator pulley

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does it click ONCE, or several times quickly? Clicking usually means low voltage/weak battery. Just because the alternator spins doesn’t mean it’s good. You need to load-test the battery to see if it has enough capacity to actually run the starter. To check the alternator, you need to get it running, then check voltage at the battery terminals. You should have at least 13 volts at the battery with the engine running. Any less means it’s not charging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It clicks many times! We have tried charging the battery and jumping the battery and can’t get it to start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Using a hand held remote start switch, jumper across the solenoid terminals. If the starter spins the engine, then your problem is either the solenoid or the relay, not the starter. Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you can get a Chiltons or Haynes manual for the car, that will have detailed troubleshooting procedures with more information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts