Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a keyless remote for my daughter's 2016 CJ Lancer. I've tried to have a hunt around to for the wiring diagram for the ignition switch but to no avail. Her car appears to have a 6 clip connector for only 4 wires are available (lugs 2,3,4,5). The colours of which are white, yellow, green and blue, all with silver stripes. None of these colours match the diagrams that I have found.

The keyless entry system (easyguard ec002) uses 6 wires for +12 (twice), ACC, IG1, IG2, ST. So I'm not sure how I can wire these into the 4 lug with wires.

Does anybody have any advice on this?

Here the connector that is at the end of the ignition switch;
Automotive lighting Finger Electrical wiring Thumb Cable

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
514 Posts
That is keyless entry or keyless starting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an update, I bought an 2007-2016 Manual online and it has Ignition Connector with wires Yellow (1), White(2), Orange (5), Light Green (6).

That's kind of consistent with what I see except the orange is light blue!

Also I can't tell from the manual which is ACC, IG1, IG2, ST.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
514 Posts
If it is keyless start how does it get around the immobiliser?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
514 Posts
Wow sounds like a task to fit it.

Knowing how the immobiliser integrates with ETACS, and requires signals when key is inserted and removed to control door lock control and ECU shutdowns, you are likely to run into problems

If something does go wrong, make sure to advise whoever you get to try to fix it for you, that they know what you have done, as trying to fix somebody elses work is hard at the best of times

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow sounds like a task to fit it.

Knowing how the immobiliser integrates with ETACS, and requires signals when key is inserted and removed to control door lock control and ECU shutdowns, you are likely to run into problems

If something does go wrong, make sure to advise whoever you get to try to fix it for you, that they know what you have done, as trying to fix somebody elses work is hard at the best of times

Good luck
The immobiliser uses the old key to induce a signal around the key switch. so its letting the immobiliser know that the key is there. The pke system has its own immobiliser built in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I bought a keyless remote for my daughter's 2016 CJ Lancer. I've tried to have a hunt around to for the wiring diagram for the ignition switch but to no avail. Her car appears to have a 6 clip connector for only 4 wires are available (lugs 2,3,4,5). The colours of which are white, yellow, green and blue, all with silver stripes. None of these colours match the diagrams that I have found.

The keyless entry system (easyguard ec002) uses 6 wires for +12 (twice), ACC, IG1, IG2, ST. So I'm not sure how I can wire these into the 4 lug with wires.

Here the connector that is at the end of the ignition switch;

Wire colors
Orange
White
Brown
Red
Red
Yellow

Orange : Connect with Accessory(ACC)
White : Connect with ignition 1 wire
Brown: Connect with ignition 2 wire
Red : Connect with constant +12V
Yellow : Connect with starter wire

1.If there is only one +12V wire in your vehicle ignition wire harness, then connect it with both +12V red wires
in ec002;
2.White ignition 1 wire: When turn the key to ON or ACC, this wire with electricity, when starting the car, this
wire still with electricity;
3.Brown ignition 2 wire: When turn the key to ON or ACC, this wire with electricity, when starting the car, this
wire will cut off power suddenly at the moment of starting the vehicle;
Once the vehicle is started, both white & brown wire are with electricity.
4.If there is only one ignition wire in your ignition wire harness, connect it with the white ignition 1 wire, no
need to connect the brown ignition 2 wire
5.If there are 2 ACC wire in your ignition harness, connect both ACC wires with orange wire in ec002.
6.If there are 2 starter wires in your ignition harness, connect both starter wire with yellow wire in ec002.
7. If your car is newer cars that no ACC( only ON & OFF), connect the orange ACC( Accessory) wire and
white ignition 1 wire in EC002 wire harness with ignition 1 wire in your vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wire colors
Orange
White
Brown
Red
Red
Yellow

Orange : Connect with Accessory(ACC)
White : Connect with ignition 1 wire
Brown: Connect with ignition 2 wire
Yellow : Connect with starter wire

1.If there is only one +12V wire in your vehicle ignition wire harness, then connect it with both +12V red wires
in ec002;
2.White ignition 1 wire: When turn the key to ON or ACC, this wire with electricity, when starting the car, this
wire still with electricity;
3.Brown ignition 2 wire: When turn the key to ON or ACC, this wire with electricity, when starting the car, this
wire will cut off power suddenly at the moment of starting the vehicle;
Once the vehicle is started, both white & brown wire are with electricity.
4.If there is only one ignition wire in your ignition wire harness, connect it with the white ignition 1 wire, no
need to connect the brown ignition 2 wire
5.If there are 2 ACC wire in your ignition harness, connect both ACC wires with orange wire in ec002.
6.If there are 2 starter wires in your ignition harness, connect both starter wire with yellow wire in ec002.
7. If your car is newer cars that no ACC( only ON & OFF), connect the orange ACC( Accessory) wire and
white ignition 1 wire in EC002 wire harness with ignition 1 wire in your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts