Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 2017 Outlander in December 2017.

When running the A/C this summer the outlet air temperature constantly cycled from "ice cold" to "warmer". Hard to tell but I believe the A/C compressor was cycling on and off causing the outlet air temperature to change. This phenomena occurs regardless of what load is on the engine--even on a straight and level interstate at 65 MPH. Outlander has 5,300 miles on it.

I've owned many new cars and never experienced this behavior.

I had the Outlander in to my Mitsubishi Dealer in York, PA to check the A/C. The first time they told me the Freon was low causing this issue and topped it off. Left the dealer and on the way home same behavior. Back in the the dealer. This time they said told me they could find no leaks, Freon level was full and there was nothing more they could do.

After I complained again, the dealer opened a "Mitsubishi Tech Line" to get a reply direct from Mitsubishi. Dealer told me Mitsubishi advised the A/C compressor constantly cycling off and on is normal causing the air temperature change.

Any one else have this issue? Is this really normal?

Thank you for your feedback.

Charles

York, PA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here. Noticed it from almost day 1. My boss got one after I and he noticed the same thing. It is very noticeable in the summer. My brother has an 18 and he said he doesn’t notice it. He may not have the issue or just not pay attention that much. I also notice my headlights dim slightly when the compressor cycles. Actually all of the lights dim. Just very slightly but it is noticeable at night if setting still.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts