Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2018 Outlander Anniversary edition in January 2018 it did not take long before I started to hear a clink noise (metal on metal, engaging) every time I backed up then applied the brakes. It also occasionally happened when I went forwards a short distance then applied the brakes.
The dealer decided it was brake dust, cleaned it off and charged me $50, but the noise was not gone. I brought it back and they said it seemed that the slides on the calipers had very little grease from the factory (like it was a Friday car and maybe they had forgotten to do it!). They greased them up and the noise stopped.
It has been about 3 weeks and the same noise is back, quite consistently, when I go forwards. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks
Michelle

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
Re-did the brakes on all 4 corners of my Frontier this summer as the rotors were rusting. To apply more grease to the caliper pins is a fairly simple task. Pop tire off, remove pin apply grease, put tire back on. However your under warranty and it seems like something that should not be happening so early and damage might have already been done to the brake assemblies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could pull the pads and try some ‘disc brake quiet’ on the backs of the pads. A slight rubbing noise is normal when applying the brake pedal is normal, and will be worse when you leave it parked for a couple days and some rust has built up. I can hear the brakes on mine especially when backing out of the driveway first thing, but it’s not very loud. They’re metal composite pads, not asbestos, so you will hear them rubbing slightly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I bought my 2018 Outlander Anniversary edition in January 2018 it did not take long before I started to hear a clink noise (metal on metal, engaging) every time I backed up then applied the brakes. It also occasionally happened when I went forwards a short distance then applied the brakes.
The dealer decided it was brake dust, cleaned it off and charged me $50, but the noise was not gone. I brought it back and they said it seemed that the slides on the calipers had very little grease from the factory (like it was a Friday car and maybe they had forgotten to do it!). They greased them up and the noise stopped.
It has been about 3 weeks and the same noise is back, quite consistently, when I go forwards. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks
Michelle
I am having the same problem, but not all the time. It's not irritating yet because it is at low noise level. I'll have to do something if it gets louder! Mitsubishi may have design problem I believe?

Ramesh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts