Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a Triton 2020 (L200) VRX New Zealand Model, and have some questions regarding its menu and the fuel consumption feature.

You can see above that the menu has an "Average fuel consumption" feature.

However, I do not know if that average gets reseted every time the vehicle is started? Or does it show the fuel consumption until I reset the counter?

Also, the settings menu has an option to change the average from A (Automatic) or M (Manual).
I assume that Manual means that it will track the fuel consumption until I reset the counter, and Automatic means it will get reseted every time the vehicle is started.
However, if I change it to M and turn off the vehicle, it will come back as A afterwards.

So it is very confusing and I would appreciate if someone could help here. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
457 Posts
It is designed to revert back to auto when you cycle the ignition. However in auto mode the figures reset after 4 hours in the ignition off position, whereas in manual mode they only reset when you manually reset them.

So for normal day to day use you can see how your economy is going in auto, if you want longer term economy data look at the manual setting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is designed to revert back to auto when you cycle the ignition
So what's the point of Manual? hahaha

If I am traveling a lot, I will most likely stop the vehicle, turn off the engine and go for a coffee or something. So that means that I won't be able to know how much fuel I used in my 2000km trip, for example.

Horrible design, to be honest!

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
457 Posts
Manual keeps a total of your fuel economy all the time, Auto keeps it for that day or journey. Useful if more than one person has access to the car

It reverts back to auto after every ignition cycle so you dont erase it accidentally

They maybe should have given it a different name. But it works well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah... too bad that I can't control the manual mode... like, if I wanna reset once a month to get the fuel consumption within that month, I can't.

Also, there should be one for TRIP A and another for TRIP B...

but anyways... I understand how it works now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts