Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know which I have? I know the 2004.5 got the 225hp. When were the 2004.5 first built, I mean the actual first production date, the earliest anyone knows of!? I was asking the guys at the local mitsu dealer non of them knew off the top of their heads. They all needed a VIN which I didn't have at the time,....I thought a salesman would be able to tell me about a significant change like that but I guess not,.... :unsure:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't say this will be a sure sign but from what I understand when they added the 10 hp they also added the towing package too. So if that is true you could look at your radiator and see if you have a small tranny cooler too. I am not sure if this is the case but know I have the lesser and not towing but it was an option at first so you may have a cooler and still have an 04 not 04.5.

I give you this little knowledge as I have seen that this is a relatively slow forum compared to others I go on.

I just thought of another if you bought it used do you know when your warranty expires? If you do you may be able to tell which model you have but then if it is close to the middle of the year you wouldn't again. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I don't think I have a 2004.5 either.....I looked on the side of the door and it said it was built 12/03 although it wasn't built when the very first ones came out in Sept 03 I still don't think its a 2004.5, oh well I just wanted the extra horses.....ho hum.. :shades: Don't know when the warranties expire but I bought it with high miles 28,000 :eek: but the way it drives you could never tell! :D I know they gave me the 10 year power train, 5 year bumper to bumper and the 5 year free maintenace, and we got the gap insurance! My friend is one of the HEad salesman at the dealership....I would have gotten the 2005 LS fwd but I could only afford the used 2004 LS AWD for $20,099 and I put $3000 down...I pay like $391 a month! My interest rate was astronomical 16.5% :pokey: I shouldn't complian because my credit sucked its like a 606 I am just happy to be a Endeavor Owner!!!!! Thanks for the info NDTracer!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any word on what changes were made to get the extra 10hp? And if it's something us '04 owners can upgrade?

·
Registered
54 Posts
How did you get the 10 year? I thought that was something they just started for 05. I have the 36k warranty and may buy an extended (which I never do) since I don't know about their drivelines and will be towing with it. Just got the receiver hitch last night and the brake controller is scheduled for Friday delivery.

I don't know what they did to increase the HP maybe there is a chip we could get to get it though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, thats what I thought about the 10 year!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Purchase any new 2004 Lancer on or before February 28, 2005 and you may be able to get 0% APR for 60 months.1 Negotiate your best price and you could get up to $5,500 combined loyalty and customer cash back with the purchase or lease of select new 2004/2004.5 Mitsubishis2 such as the Endeavor, the "#1-Ranked Midsize Crossover SUV" by Edmunds.com††, or the 2004 Galants, with a 5 Star Frontal Crash Test Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration4.[/b]

Like I said my friend has been at that dealership for about 7 or 8 years I am sure he knows the in and outs of the hook up world!? :clap:

Well,...the 10 extra HP would be easy, I know we could get atleast 5 with a Cold air intake or maybe even a short air intake......but they don't seem to have any. Or we could use the extra 1-3 with a K&N drop in!!?? I am pretty happy with my hp, its just that "225hp" would be just that much better!! :haha:

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did the brake controller install go? What color wires did you determine are used or was there a harness where you could just plug it into.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the 10 HP come from different PCM software... and if you've taken your 04 in for any of the various PCM software issues (excessive pinging, delay into reverse, a few others), you've gotten the extra 10 HP.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Manybrews I asked about this the last time I was in and they said that wasn't true. Maybe they just say that though so people don't come in just for that.

Now you mentioned the transmission time for reverse. Would this also help into D or one of the gears. I don't recall which it is but believe it is when I go from R to D it takes time and I sometimes try to accelerate to early. I say can't recall as its the wifes car and I don't drive but maybe on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by NDTracer@Aug 25 2006, 12:34 PM
Manybrews I asked about this the last time I was in and they said that wasn't true.  Maybe they just say that though so people don't come in just for that.

Now you mentioned the transmission time for reverse.  Would this also help into D or one of the gears.  I don't recall which it is but believe it is when I go from R to D it takes time and I sometimes try to accelerate to early.  I say can't recall as its the wifes car and I don't drive but maybe on the weekends.
[snapback]64016[/snapback]​
its true... they just probably dont know about it. Mitsu hasnt released any information to the dealers about the gain in HP, but I got that information from a couple of the mitsu trainers/enginners. the car was a bit lean originally, causing excessive pinging, occasional lean codes, and a few other things that got rectified with a new fuel map. One of the bonuses was the bump in HP (assuming you're using premium fuel).

the delay into gear issue was only on the 04s. when warm, a software glitch may cause a massive delay into reverse (3-4 seconds).
it is normal to have a 1-2 second delay into drive or reverse on an endeavor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks, I drove this weekend and it is going from R to D as it takes a bit. I am used to my Dakota which is ready to drive as soon as the shifter is located as such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts