Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am thinking about shipping a 1990 TP Magna reconditioned short engine or engine block from the US but I don't know the weight of it (with crankshaft, pistons and all usual parts) and approximate dimensions. I tried asking for them via email but the company near Dallas, Texas did not answer it.

Does anyone have any idea? The block known as G54B in the US but 4G54 in Australia is only USD$650 which is cheap considering it is about AUD$1700 here. I have an international shipping company ready to quote me the full price for an LCL (Less than a Container Load) price to Australia but they can't do that until they have the appoximate weight and dimensions (height, width, depth).

Thanks in advance,

Curioso

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking - just under 500kg in a crate. But then there's the question of dimensions. Do you have a 4G54 engine block you could measure for height, width and depth?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot! I've sent off those details to the shipping company and should have a price soon.

Do you know if the G54B block is any different to the 4G54 block? I heard that the G54B has extra holes in it for an extra performance valve per cylinder (only in the US!) but would those holes only be in the head or also the block?

I've also heard talk about a narrow block vs a standard size. Do you know anything about that?

Cheers

Curioso

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, there are a lot of companies which ship cars. I have shipped my old Cadillac few weeks ago from Colorado to Michigan. You can contact the shipping company and tell them details about the car you want to ship. As I understand you want to ship it out of US so you have to explain them that you need a price to ship a car across the country. The company will help you with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts