Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I currently have a datsun 1200 ute with a 4G63 turbo engine in it which is stuffed.
I am wanting to know what other engine i could put in it as an up grade without changing the set up in the car.

Cheers Rod

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
In all seriousness the 4G63T is what most people swap into cars not out of cars. Just upgrade internals and turbo etc.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
if your budget stops you from an upgrade to another series motor with all the wiring and plumbing that goes with it

for the moment toss in used 4G63 turbo engine .

the SR series engines is what the 1200 datsun club members use

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=SR_engine_swap

The SR20 can bolt-in to a Datsun 1200 without cutting the firewall, though it's easier with an original automatic-equpped car (which has a bigger central tunnel). The 1989 SR series is considered to be the replacement for the 1981 CA Engine based primarily on NVH improvements. It is heavier and bulkier than the CA series, but the SR20 puts out more HP than the CA18 or CA20 engines. In most Australia states, 2-liter is the largest normal engine swap into 1200, so the SR20 naturally aspirated is the ultimate capacity swap. In North America where there are no laws limiting capacity swaps, the KA24 is a more popular swap due to the larger CCs, higher horsepower in stock form, and higher availability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts