Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum and fairly new to the DSM world.

Recently a couple friends and I bought a 1993 Eagle Summit (aka Plymouth Colt Vista, Mitsubishi Expo LRV) to build into a lemons car. The car ran when we got it, not great but would move well enough under its own power. We took the engine out to clean everything up, remove excess bits, replace mounts and axles and clutch, basic stuff. Put it back together and we have no spark in the engine.

Our car is a SOHC 4G64 FWD manual. All connections are in place, ECU is hooked up, we are getting fuel but no spark. Followed steps in the manual (we have both the full service manual and electrical diagram book) to check the harness and everything is good. The coil and wires measure the correct resistance, plugs and wires are new.

The only thing we haven't done yet is swap the distributor. In this car the power transistor is in the distributor assembly and I am thinking this is the part that has failed. Basically it's not switching properly to give the signal to fire the coil.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this engine (not specifically this car, I know these were used all over the place) and is there something else we should be looking at?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone in the future that may find this the distributor was changed and it fired right up and is running well.

I found a more detailed thread from the past with the same issue we had and the same diagnostic steps and readings. Not sure this is a particularly common issue but there is a solution

1 - 2 of 2 Posts