Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day every body
I have a 2006 lancer RA, 1.8 turbo GDi with triptonic Gear box, and am wondering about the gear oil, is any ATF gear oil suitable for this car or there is any special specification for the oil, i read a label on the gear askingto use Mitsubishi ATF III oil, please advice me guys and thanks a millione

Regards
Mahmoud Khatib

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it demands ATF III, use right it. wrong oil will damage the gearbox.

I have 1996y. lancer GSR 1.8Turbo 4x4 tiptronic 205HP. Do you know how much boost can be set withought reprogramind ECU?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Until she starts detonating (pinging).
Make sure you have good COLD air induction. A high flow air filter (ram pod) ain't gonna work well if she's still sucking in HOT air. Get a 3-4inch corrugated tube and feed cold air into the mouth of the air filter. (that's if you haven't already done so).

Exhaust should flow the gases out quick too & a cat back system is not good enough. Get a custom made one fromthe turbo back.
Well if you've done the top 2, then you're ECU should automatically reprogram itself (there's a limit too with the 'self-programing', it'll happen until it can't cope with the extra boost then you'll have to either get a 'piggy-back' type of a plug & play ecu) after a full tank of gas.

Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts