Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just had the timing belt changed on my galant (sohc), and now Im noticing a definite increase in engine noise and LOTS of vibrating from the engine at and above 3000 rpms. no noticeable loss of power, but its still disturbing nonetheless. Is this a new timing belt thing, like will it get better as the engine runs? or is it something i should have them take another look at???

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind. Took it back to the mechanic, got it fixed. he said you have to turn the flywheel the timing belt goes on a full 360 degrees after youve put the thing back together... or something along those lines. anyways, problem solved.

·
Registered
499 Posts
it sounds like your mechanic has timed the vehicle up incorrectly.take it back immediately and have them recheck.I know some engines have problems with people putting the balancer shaft timing out one revolution causing bad vibrations such as your describing.it will run fine but shake like h*ll

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea,thats exactly what it was. i took it bak early the next day and he fixed the problem and told me thats what it was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One thing the manual does not tell us, and that I found out from a Mits mechanic, is that the timing marks on the B belt will only line-up at every FIFTH revolution of the crankshaft/engine. Sounds to me like he didn't line-up the B belt timing marks, just the A belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts