Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on this on guys, tried my paid Mitchell1 account @ $275 per month, but the 3600 Mitsubishi experts not able to answer. Here goes.
When engine was running, we replaced transmission clutch due to it was gone, all brakes, engine oil cooler retro fit, complete exhaust system, rear steering delete kit, clutch booster / master / and slave cylinder, and front power steering rack. Then we proceeded*to get the AC working. We diagnosed the non-working AC as the AC control unit and sent off to 3SX for rebuilding. The VR4 still drove around our repair facility with the AC unit out. Then we had a crank no start issue. Found that we had no fuel pressure. Repaired the issue of no fuel pressure as being a ruptured fuel line inside the fuel tank. While removing the tank and repairing the line we did the rear steering delete kit install. Started engine and regained fuel pressure and it ran fine. Upon backing the VR4 out of the shop it abruptly died. Still had our fuel pressure gauge attached to the fuel rail and still had fuel pressure. Injectors checked fine and were pulsing. Found fuse*#12 / 15A blown. Replaced fuse and still a crank / no start condition. Found no wave form on crank / cam signal and replaced crank sensor to the right of throttle body and regained a cam / crank wave form. Still a no start problem. We check spark and found that coil # 3/6 was constantly turned on and will zap you even with the key in the on position without turning it to start. All other coils would not fire with key on or in*the start position. We sent PCM to Module*Repair Pro in California for rebuilding since I've had good results in the past with them. Once received*back from them still had same problem with no start. Checked PCM connector C-52 pin # 11 feeding Ignition Power Transistor Connector B-21 pin #1 still with constant power. Cut the br-r wire and then coil ceased to be turned on. We removed timing cover and checked timing and replaced all timing components and water pump at this time. Still have crank but no start or spark. Resent PCM back for testing on pins 11,23,10 on PCM to Module Repair Pro. It came back and they said it was fine. However, the PCM now not making coil 3-6 fire steadily or any of the other 2 coils to fire when starting the engine. We still have crank / cam wave forms and we do have injector pulse. We do not have RPM on the instrument cluster when starting. We have no signal going to the Power Transducer from the PCM. I will be getting a good tach dwell meter and check the blue connector next to the passenger side firewall in hope of finding a RPM signal. It may very well be that I still have a bad PCM.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a crank no start 2002 Galant. It's been like that for 12 months. I'll let you know if I ever get to start it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few things I have forgotten to mention is all 3 coils checked out on primary and secondary ignition winding resistance, ignition power transistor has checked out on its powers and grounds along wit the PCM. New IAC was installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts