Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to this site but i am looking into making a quick sleeper by swapping either an evo engine or a vr4 engine. i was hoping that you could help me on what would be the best engine, fastest, easiest swap or most reliable engine to put in. looking into new gearboxes what would be the best aswell. also suggestions on swapping out and strengthen what i can to control the new power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there bro. just thinking a good way to go with the mirage would be to run the vr4 block out of an '88 galant but with the evo 3 head. they seem to work real nicely together. doing one myself atm ae. and for suspension both the evo and cyborg are identical except where the brake line fits up to but no major. ive put evo 3 adjusatbles in mine and its a real firm ride for the driveline you can just swap it all out of an evo 1-3 no problems. just watch the 3rd gear synchro bro

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
To be VERY hhonest the heads are near identical , its all about ECU tuning , and i should kno.The VR4 makes quick work of broader HP and TQ while the Evo works more on upper end and redline. Also intake plumbing is slightlly diff between the 2 , if yu look at broad driving and start to stop yud see a big differance , On the Evolution GSR 5 and up they started more looking at the VR4 characteristics and changed the whole drive plan and system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts