Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it is a common problem for the master cylinder for the clutch to stick. It is only 2 years old but the car sits for months at a time not being used. Pressure is not building up in the hydrualic line. I have taken the cylinder out for cleaning and it apperars to be stuck its soaking in marvel mystery oil right now. Is there a sping behind the cylinder that helps push it back.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Well teh issue of why a clutch master cylinder would stay "stuck" or basically stay in when yu push teh pedal and it not return is there is a system leak. The seal on the piston in the master cylinder could be bypassing pressure , or the slave cylinder at the transmission could be leakind down the pressure after a while. This would be very likely if after siting for a period of time that the system would not have hydrolic pressure. The hydrolic pressure is does most wut pushes the clutch pedal back into the position , there is a little clutch spring on teh pedal but its mostly a free play spring. Check yur clutch slave cylinder and see if teh piston side of it looks damp or like fluid has been leaking frum it. Also yu can take a light and look inside the vehicle where the clutch master cylinder rod connects to the pedal and look along the inside wall where it enters and look to see if fluid has been leaking , when clutch master cylinders leak they lear a fluid film on the upper inside insulation along the inner fire wall by the clutch pedal bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright after I soaked the master cylinder for the clutch in marvel I than took compressed air to push the piston back out of the cylinder because it was stuck all the way in and the seals are bad, ( do you know a good place to get these?) How easy should this piston move when new seals are installed?

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
The price of a repair kit may be almost as much or the same as a new clutch master cylinder . Yur local parts house should be able to get a clutch master cylinder repair kit. When yu disassembled the clutch master cylinder there should have been a spring inside of it. was there one? Im pretty sure yu kno wut it looks like but ill put up a pic of a typical clutch master cylinder. The spring always goes in first before the cup

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts