Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to pinpoint why the following aren't working....cigarette lighter, Driver & Pass red door courtesy lights, sound when door is open (key in ignition) & radio....The driver's 'Radio' & 'Head' fuses are OK....I'd sooo appreciate any insight....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the link...I'm far from an electrical genius, do you have any help with checking if a fusible link is ok?
If what I tell you here you already know, then I apologize!

You need a continuity tester. If you have a multimeter, it may do this for you, that is, it beeps if you touch the wires together. So, take out the fusible link, and touch a wire to each contact.

Actually, try just looking at it first. Compare it to a new one, or just one of the other fuses in the car. If there's a wire you can see inside it that looks broken, the fuse is blown. But sometimes you can't really see, and other times you can see the charred remains!

You could make a continuity tester by connecting a bulb and a battery together with one wire, so that you can complete the circuit with the fuse. Don't choose a headlamp bulb to check a 1A fuse, because that will blow the fuse!

·
Registered
127 Posts
As for finding the fault, this might work. You will need several new fuses, so consider the cost. Find the blown fuse. Disconnect everything it supplies, which in your case is probably all the things that don't work. Hopefully you can just pull off the connector to each one. Put in a new fuse, and hopefully it won't blow. Plug back in each of the things you disconnected, one at a time, and see which one blows the fuse.
BTW, don't be tempted to put in a higher rated fuse just to stop it blowing: it might make the faulty thing much worse, or it could even overheat a connecting wire and cause a fire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the insight Ian...so I've tested all the 'small' fuses...all good...as I was zooming in on my fusible links...I noticed that #7 looks different than the others...pic enclosed....your thoughts?

Truly,
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hm: I don't know which is #7 😞
The larger yellow one bottom left looks different, but the plastic is a bit translucent, so I'd take it out for closer inspection, but "buzzing through" is definitive. HTH Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I checked continuity on A-11X...pin 1 to pin 2, nothing...pin 3 to pin 4...nothing...I tried it with both the negative battery attached & unattached...looks like the linkable fuse in the LL is for ABS, which appears not to have any issue on what needs to be corrected....any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts