Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 95' Galant S with a previous owner who did some mods here & there. He had a 4-chan amp w/ an amp for the subs but took out the amps & subs but left the wiring. I decided to chuck out the old power wiring (too thin & a wiring nightmare) due to lack of funds I settled with a 4GA wire for my MTX 4-chan Amp. My battery is on the passenger side but I want to run the power wire on the drivers side b/c the speaker & component wires are on the passenger side already.

Should I:
1) I believe the main elec. cables run through the fender starting basically from the driver headlight so next to this to "interior" gourmet (probably) & you can get to it by taking off the wheel well liner?

2) Cut a cross pattern in one of the soft spongy firewall liners (steering column or I found another w/ wires going through it already) then run the wire through there, maybe sealing it too?

I would prefer the going through the gourmet but I only have 17' and if it takes a good amount extra to snake it around the engine bay then through the fender starting at the drivers headlight i'll be coming close.

Thanks for the advice & any other tips would be great...

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I like going throught the wheel well/fender. 17 feet should be plenty to get you to the trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. Yeah I went through the wheel well/fender - that was easy & smooth...

though the 17ft wasn't long enough. Yes technically it does reach but it stretched across the top part of the radiator fan assem. secured down with zip ties (fun right?). I'm just going to get a 6' of 4G! kit for the needed wiring & a power distr. block (RFD4) totaling < $40.

i'll snake the current wire along the inside of the bumper & put the power distr. block under my backseat

i know the current setup is a bit eh but for a few days it'll hold. though does the new setup sound good?

eventually i'm gonna run a 1/0ga to the power distr. block & put in subs w/ amp so this setup should hopefully work for now & partly later...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its been a full day since having the 4 chan amp in & ah my ears hurt in ways i couldn't imagine (even after having 2x 12" subs for yrs) but its all good...

i got all the stuff i said above at the local bestbuy. while there I double checked with them on the setup also saying its good.

eventually i'm gonna get a alpine type-r sub (1500 Peak / 500 RMS) and a mtx thunder 4501/TA4501 (also 1500/500). i'll get a 4 ohm type-r which is a dvc with the amp that can handle 2 ohms so i'll wire it correctly into a nice box. i believe that'll rattle it the frame for now :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts