Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all any help appreciated with 1997 carisma 1.6, intermittent fault, runs okay until management light comes on car then runs rough, if turned off whilst the management light is on when you restart revs drop and engine stalls, then will not start again until it cools down a bit.
Pins 1+4 linked and after switching ignition on getting 2 blinks followed by 3 shorter ones, no other faults stored, have cleared fault code + fault code reappears, RAC plugged in his diagnostic kit and due to lack of software for the older cars he could not find a fault, when I told him the code 23 shows when the pins are jumped he said that it could indicate either the crank shaft sensor or the camshaft position sensor, To buy from dealer would cost £200+ any ideas where I could buy them cheaper? also due to lack of knowledge in this area I am not totally convinced by the RAC recommending to replace both sensors when only one code was found any ideas would be
appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
SOCH or DOCH 1.6? On my knowledge , the camshaft position sensor is usually suspect to fail before the crankshaft position sensor. The symptoms you are having seem to be the camshaft position sensor. On starting sumtimes , does it seem like the engine drags when starting?(turns over oddly)

BUt for yur reference , 23 is the TDC sensor or widely called" camshaft position sensor ". Here are the main codes.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts