Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ready to haul this thing t the junk yard.

98 2.0 Auto Non Turbo.

Only codes thrown were for TPS, I cleared them. Prior to that, the car won't shift from 1st. I've tried to "stab" the throttle thinking it was stuck, won't shift. I've run the RPMs up to almost 4k, won't shift. Trans fluid is full and clean. The daughter did rearend someone a little a few days before it started acting up. I've checked for leaks, loose wires, broken wires, pinched trans lines, blown fuses. I can't find a cause of this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 99 eclipse 2.0 non turbo. Mine did this as well. My problem was the speed sensors. They are magnetic and tell the transmission when to shift. Idk if the magnets wear out or what but mine has done it twice over the years I've had it. The first time I was able to remove the sensors and wipe them down and they worked a while longer. Second time I just replaced them both. No problems since. They are easy to change. Cost me approx $50 for both. They are located below where air filter box is. Wires plugged into them and white in color. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts