Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just aquired a 1998 Express WA walk-through, brilliant van, just I have no overdrive. The dash light does not come up and neither does the 'D' drive light. The car runs fine, trans works fine. Checked the O/D switch, dash lights, connectors and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had similar (no overdrive) on my 2000 Starwagon, went back to dealer (3 month warranty) and he replaced a sensor at rear of cylinder head and now operates ok, (don't know exactley what it does)

·
Registered
26 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comper100 @ Apr 19 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If its a sensor in the head it will be the coolant sensor. That will not let the overdrive work until the engine is at a pre-set temp.[/b]
Can this be bypassed at all? I hate having to wait for the overdrive to kick in after a few KM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comper100 @ Jun 23 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep, just unplug it and bridge the terminals :)[/b]
Sorry dude, can you be a bit more specific please. Where exactly is the plug and what does it look like? Do you mean the terminals on the plug or on the head?

I've never looked at the head so bear with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts