Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 98 FTO GPX but have recently encountered a check engine light, after my car "choked out" while on the highway. I didn't see any leaks or anything broken visibly, but the car isn't driveable now, only starts then dies out. It almost sounds like it's only running on 3 cylinders. From reading online, and my basic knowledge it seems like the issue could be something to do with the fuel system (fuel pump or filter), or a faulty injector, or potentially a fuse? I tried resetting the battery as well but the engine light came back soon after.

I have used 2 different OBD2 scanners with no luck this far. They both give me errors when trying to scan, saying I it can't connect or I need to contact the customer support for the scanner. I'm definitly scanning it as I would normally with other vehicles, but for some reason I can't pull the codes on this JDM car. I've read on some forums that their needs to be a lead ground wire from pin 1, but others say this isn't necessary (I haven't tried this yet).

I see that these (and many other) forums with info on the FTO are pretty inactive, but any advise or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have more than one 2002 Galant. On one of them, the torq app + ELM adaptor reads all the general things, RPM, ignition timing, etc. On another, it worked fine. Then the engine cut out one day and has never started since, crank-no-start. OBD still connected. EMU sent off for checking, and then minor repair. Lots of looking for a spark, I'm vain. Took car home to die. OBD no longer connects...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts