Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Y'all,
I've got a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero with the Infinity sound system. The problem is the 10 disc CD changer- it reads ER3. Sometimes I can get it to play, but if I change to the next disc it stops playing and gives the error code. Any ideas? Thanks for your responses in advance.
Robb

·
Registered
3 Posts
dude, my system is doing the exact same thing. i have a 99 montero with the same system and it started doing this about six or so months ago. i just delt with it for a while but now i have some stuff i really want to listen to and can't. i'm heading out today to look @ replacing just the changer becuase i want to keep the ability to play casettes.
if you find a solution to this problem, please let me know.
thanx
chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership wants $650 to replace the unit!!!!! This is absolutely absurd! We still haven't found a permanent solution to the problem, and Mitsubishi says they have never heard of this problem. Must be just you and me! ;) If you turn the stereo off, eject the magazine, reinsert , then turn the stereo back on, it SOMETIMES fixes it (but only temporarily). It goes E3 if you try to change discs. If you let it change by itself, it's ok. FRUSTRATING!
Let me know if you come up with a solution, and I'll do the same for you. This is just a cheap generic changer- you should be able to go to Circuit City and get it replaced for <$200- but they won't even look at it!
Robb

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey, i took mine out of the bracket that holds the unit and layed the unit flat down, unplugged it for a minute or two and plugged it back up. plays 75 percent of the time now. even changes on its own most of the time. when it does give me the error code, i unplug it again and plug it back up and it does good for awhile again.
also i saw in another thread that getting a good laser cleaner, like the ones at best buy for the video games, will take care of the problem. they said that the code is saying it cant read the disc, so i think this could be true. i will try it and let you know. but i would definately try unplugging it. it works pretty decent now.
later

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i have a question i have a mitsubishi montero sport xls 1998, i bought the last week and the mitsu comes with a cd changer but i dont have the 10 cartridge only see the cd changer in the back on the left side compartment well i need to know which brand and model is it to search the cartridge by model in ebay or amazon because i want to use the cd changer and i thinking to buy a pioneer deh p6500 to use with the cd changer if someone knows what is the model of the cartridge or the changer tell me please cause i want to searched and buy it thankxxx

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
"e3" is usually an alignment code.. meaning the CD rack/laser is out of alignment.

nothing you can do but replace it, or remove it and send it to a radio repair shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i have a question i have a mitsubishi montero sport xls 1998, i bought the last week and the mitsu comes with a cd changer but i dont have the 10 cartridge only see the cd changer in the back on the left side compartment well i need to know which brand and model is it to search the cartridge by model in ebay or amazon because i want to use the cd changer and i thinking to buy a pioneer deh p6500 to use with the cd changer if someone knows what is the model of the cartridge or the changer tell me please cause i want to searched and buy it thankxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts