1. Pull the handbrake.
2. Move the trans shift to low gear.
3. Lift the center console up , starting from the coin tray end. This comes up very easily.
4. Remove the ashtray by pulling back. It seem hard, but the ashtray was only held in place by two metal spring clips on the top left and right.
5. Remove the vent outlet grille above the radio console. Again, it seems that it won't budge. But the outlet was held in place only by to metal spring clips on the lower left and lower right. I use a large flat screwdriver blade to pry it out, stating from the lower right of the vent bezel.
6. Remove the 4 screws on the for corners of the radio console.
7. Pull back the whole radio console. You may have to disconnect radio connectors/antenna if you want to take the whole thing out of the car.
Reverse the order for re-installation. Don't forget to reconnect the connectors that you have disconnected.
A forum community dedicated to all Mitsubishi owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about the Eclipse, Outlander, Mirage, Galant, Lancer, Montero and more. Research modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and Turbo kits