Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the problem where ya look down and find your A/C has turned itself off while driving? I find it tends to happen while doing alot of acceleration, however with a quick flick of the fan from 1 to off and back, it will work again. Anyone had this happen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with the A/C turning off after traveling for 3 hours. Dealer changed the sensors but it is still doing it. I believe something gets frozen and the A/C stops working because after a while with the windows open the A/C can be operated again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I didn't see this topic until I posted asking the same question. Mine usually comes on after about a minute or so.

Manybrews: My wife and I have owned a bunch of cars from many manufacturers over the years and I've never had one that cycled on and off. Why would this one be different? It really doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, at least I'm not alone with this one. I just turn it off then on again and all is well. I live in Steamy Florida and when the A/C cycles off, I feel it imediately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They will cycle on and off routinely and cars nowadays are made that the A/C will go off under hard acceleration and then restart as the throttle is backed off (to direct more power to accelerating).

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by DavidE@May 27 2007, 06:33 PM
I didn't see this topic until I posted asking the same question.  Mine usually comes on after about a minute or so. 

Manybrews:  My wife and I have owned a bunch of cars from many manufacturers over the years and I've never had one that cycled on and off.  Why would this one be different?  It really doesn't make sense.
[snapback]98599[/snapback]​
ALL a/c systems have cycled on and off for decades.

some companies have tried using variable displacement compressors, but electronically cycling the system based on pressure or temperature proves generally to be more effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts