Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
""what is meant by a blow by?"" compression that get's past the rings. Usually not a factor unless the rings get really worn, the PVC valve is bad, or you're running huge amount of boost. Worst cases it pressurizes the crankcase and can push oil out of gaskets/seals, and even blow out seals.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Blow by is an effected compression versus crankcase ventilation. Altho it has NOTHING to do with a bad PCV valve or there of. A blow by can be caused by many things . 1 if the piston rings unseat their desired channel or rotate causing an open air cap between the top compression rings and oil rings causing most of the cylinders compressed air to leak past the piston while being compressed and going into the lower section of the engine. Bringing a higher than normal crankcase pressure , this is why when a blow by has occurred , if yu remove the oil cap lots of forced air will come out. A cracked piston , failed piston rings , a failed or deteriated piston , worn down cylinder walls or sleeves as in Nickel Cadmium and Nikasil cylinder sleeves as in a hand ful of 6G74 Pajero GSR DOCH between 1993-1995 and Debonairs , and 1991-1994 BMW that had Nikasil cylinder sleeves also, and 1988-1991 Honda Accord Type R also with Nikasil cylinder walls and American 1990-1991 Honda prelude with the same B21A engine which had Nikasil cylinder walls , and a bunch of Jagual V8 between 1996-2000. Also Engines with Nikasil cylinder liner, sleeves and walls also cause blow by if they are flooded while being attempted to start , caused by too high fuel start pressure , leaking fuel injectors etc. Nikasil cylinder walls require oil to stay in the lower gallies of the wall for effective cylinder compression, partial flooding will wash away the compression oil level and cause a no compression blow by situation until the oil gallies have oil supplied back into them enough to bring compression back up.

Also a deteriated cylinder head gasket , that has deteriated between 2 adjacent cylinders cause "blow by"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Also Engines with Nikasil cylinder liner, sleeves and walls also cause blow by if they are flooded while being attempted to start , caused by too high fuel start pressure , leaking fuel injectors etc."

I recently noticed that there was a leak on my fuel injector system: 1. located on the third injector 2. Is from a hose under the intercooler which is probably a part of the injection system. i check it and smells like diesel.

I will have it fixed. It might solve the problem. tnx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts