Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, apparently my birthday present this year was for my 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander's dashboard to light up like a darn Christmas tree out of the blue. I immediately took my car into the shop, and they said it is displaying error codes P1773, C2200, C1200, and C2104. I have had this car for less than 9 months and only driven it about 5k miles, only one person owned it before me, and it has a total of 82k miles on it.

I did some research and am now feeling a bit skeptical about what my mechanic has been telling me. According to my research, first the connections, harness, battery, speed sensors, etc. should be tested. He initially told me I need just an ABS Control Module, and that alone would cost over $3k, and he couldn't even garauntee that would fix everything. I spoke to a couple other mechanics who told me an ABS Control Module is not nearly that expensive, which I confirmed online. I asked the mechanic for a bid in writing. The bid states that he wants to order an ABS Hydraulic Control Unit with Module 4670A898. I asked him why, and he told me that it is the only part that can replace the solenoid and ABS control module. I have again been looking online, and both the solenoid and ABS Control Module are sold independently. I asked if he had tested the connections or the battery, which I say is one of the first steps when you have my specific error codes, and his response was "sweety, it's too complicated for me to explain it to you."

I would really appreciate any direction or advice from anyone who has had similar problems. I do not see how these specific error codes require the entire ABS Hydraulic Control Unit Assembly. There has been nothing wrong with my breaks, shifting, etc. at all.

Thank you!
-California Chick

·
Registered
2004 TL Magna(aka Diamante) AWD, 6g75 engine, F5A51 automatic trans.
18 Posts
It might be advantageous, for the sake of being able to make a comparison, for you to take it to your local genuine Mitsubishi dealership and get their opinion/quote.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, apparently my birthday present this year was for my 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander's dashboard to light up like a darn Christmas tree out of the blue. I immediately took my car into the shop, and they said it is displaying error codes P1773, C2200, C1200, and C2104. I have had this car for less than 9 months and only driven it about 5k miles, only one person owned it before me, and it has a total of 82k miles on it.

I did some research and am now feeling a bit skeptical about what my mechanic has been telling me. According to my research, first the connections, harness, battery, speed sensors, etc. should be tested. He initially told me I need just an ABS Control Module, and that alone would cost over $3k, and he couldn't even garauntee that would fix everything. I spoke to a couple other mechanics who told me an ABS Control Module is not nearly that expensive, which I confirmed online. I asked the mechanic for a bid in writing. The bid states that he wants to order an ABS Hydraulic Control Unit with Module 4670A898. I asked him why, and he told me that it is the only part that can replace the solenoid and ABS control module. I have again been looking online, and both the solenoid and ABS Control Module are sold independently. I asked if he had tested the connections or the battery, which I say is one of the first steps when you have my specific error codes, and his response was "sweety, it's too complicated for me to explain it to you."

I would really appreciate any direction or advice from anyone who has had similar problems. I do not see how these specific error codes require the entire ABS Hydraulic Control Unit Assembly. There has been nothing wrong with my breaks, shifting, etc. at all.

Thank you!
-California Chick
The first thing I would do is to inspect all the ground connections to the battery. Ground straps carry current from the engine block and many other locations around the car to the car body steel, then to the battery through a large black cable. Any bad ground connections can cause all sorts of problems. From what you describe, I’d pay close attention to where the ECU and dash display and the engine block ground. Frayed or rusted connections should be loosened and cleaned with a wire brush to re-establish a good connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts