Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have R reg mitsubishi carisma GLXI,

Problems began while on motorway, steady about 80mph, car began acting, only slightly at first as if wrong petrol was in car but only on acceleration while in gear.

Pulled onto service station, could rev car while not in gear and showing absolutely no probs at all but when put into gear and car got above 3000 revs it began jerking, accelerating then not etc etc

managed to get it home, day after tried it, at the beginning all was same as day before then all of a sudden everything was fine, showing no problems at all for about 15 mins, I still wasnt convinced so took it on motorway.. accelerated upto bout 70-80, fine for about a min then went back to same probs that had been day before.

clutch and gears feel exactly as they did before, no tightness

another clue to a mitsubishi diagnostic out there is that when usin gears to slow down car at traffic lights etc,, this is obviosly normally a smooth movement as gears slow car down. at the moment what is happening is that it jerks to a halt, nothing smooth about it at all.

When not in gear, car rolls smoothly.

Please help narrow this down for me, wasnt sure what it was before it went ok all of a sudden but am now more baffled that it as gone back to as it was.

Thanks for reading
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
paul i have a similar happening on my rvr,ive changed plugs, ht leads, serviced it,ie fuel filter air filter n oil filter,so far, im now booked in on friday to a mitsubishi dealership for a diagnostic session,ill let you know how it goes...
does your car have a mass air flow meter? aparently when they start to go they cause allsorts of problems,has your mpg dropped?

dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
My carisma seems to have the exact same symptoms as the first poster.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
A lack of fuel pressure will cause this issue. A fuel pump thats intermittenly pumping varied amounts of pressure. ALso if the pulsator that fits between the fuel pump and line in the tank is leaking fuel pressure. A bad inline fuel pressure regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts