Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt 1.5 Sport and I have very recently noticed that the car does not seem to be performing as well as it usually does.

In 2nd gear it pulls away as normal until about 1/3 to 1/2 the way to the red on the rev counter before seemingly just revving without any power going to the wheels, as though revving it in neutral.

Does anyone know what this problem may be?

Recently, I had a puncture on the rear far side tyre, and had been running about using the 'space saver' spare wheel for a few days until I could get a new tyre and strangely it is only since using the space saver that I have noticed this rev problem, it has not gone away since having the original wheel put back on with the new tyre. Whilst using the space saver there was definitely a loss of acceleration, but this is normal as the space saver wheel is not able to support the speed of the normal wheels/tyres which I use on he car. I do not understand how it could possibly be in any way connected but I just thought I should mention it as it is a coincidence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated particulartly if it will save me an expensive visit to a Mitsubishi Garage.

Thanks in advance,

dfens

[email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
further to my last post i have just taken the car out for a good run and have concluded that the problem was either a figment of my imagination or a miniscule difference in performance caused by having slightly different tyres on each of the rear wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts