Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one option I wish Mitsubishi offered in America is the Backup camera, I would really like to have one as I am terrible with backing up. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good aftermarket camera, preferably one that attaches to the license plate, that uses an RCA type cable so I could just hook it up to the AUX jack and then just switch to the AUX input when backing up. I would really like to have a backup camera, but don't want to be pulling apart the car or re-wiring things, and I don't want to take it to a pro and pay a hefty price. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good one? Or at the very least, a good wireless backup camera that fits on the visor so it's out of the way, but I would really prefer to use the existing navi monitor since I already have it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the nav system the cable is already there. I cant recall which one it is i installed my camera about 6 months ago. This line is auto set to activate video when your in reverse. The cut out is also present in the license plate area. All you really need to do add the camera and run the line to the dash, granted this is someone of a pain but hey isnt everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the camera in the wing ,I power the cameras to the rear reverse lamp on the driver side. Works great !

I got a 20 feet standard audio cable with white and red male RCA connectors in place, split it in half since I only need one, wired my video cable along the floor on the drivers side to avoid the curtain airbags all together.

Pulling the MMCS head was a lot easier than pulling the wing and running the video cable.

Here is what what my wing cam look like.
[attachmentid=6276]

Display during marker setup:
[attachmentid=6277]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
could you give the size/ specs of the camera you used and where you bought it
i recall that only a certain size could fit under the wing
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where exactly do you connect up the RCA cable for the back up camera, and how do you tell the MMCS to switch to it when its plugged in? I have not seen this option available in any of the setup menus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi goldenboy/ tanik
I got this camera from Kawa on ebay, the camera size is 41mm x 29mm, this will fit in the wing. Do a serach for Color-BackUp-Rear-View-IR-Vision-Reverse-Camera, you will find more detail specs. for the camera.

If you have the Navi system, the back up camera connects to the MMCS, you don't really "plugged in" to the MMCS, you have to pull the MMCS head and solider the connection to one of the connector, granted, this mod is somewhat a pain but I think is worth it. Once you enable the MMCS to expect a camera, you now can access the camera setup screen. I can get you more info as to what plug and which wires to connect the camera if you still want to go ahead with the install.

On your MMCS head, without doing anything, you can get into hidden menu by pressing "SET" + "NAVI" button, the camera option is there but just shaded out, once you enable the MMCS to expect a camera, this camera button is active and is available for performing camera setup tasks.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts