Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for opinions here, I have been tempted to add the mesh evo-ish grille and possibly the evo-ish scoop or something similar to the hood. The evo-ish grill looks more natural than the one in came with, but I don't know about the scoop.

Would it be best to get the evo-ish one or possible just a standard scoop? I don't want the car to look cheap or "riced out."

To be honest I don't know that I will mess with it at all, but I wanted some feedback. I have a silver 2003 ES with the OZ rally wing.

G

·
if you want a hood scoop that won't look "riced out" you will have to go with a american type airdam hood or a pig nose hood scoop. all the "evo-ish" hood scoops are made based off of a car made in Japan very "ricer" like if you ask me. D.A.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i am ordering the mesh evo grill rather soon for my lancer. i don't think the grill looks too "rice", but thats just me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that one too, at first I was afraid it would look too much like a honda but I saw some pics and it looks more natural than the stock one. My stock one is chipping and the mesh evo one looks cooler.

And don't get me wrong we are all driving imports here and I felt I needed to clarify the "ricey" comment I made earlier. When I think of ricey I think of the beat up CRX with the fart can and spinning hubcaps that there seems to be a million of. I.E. cheap mods that take a decent car and turn it into loud decal covered bucket.

There seem to be 2 options for grilles:
The mesh evo one like we spoke of earlier,
and the Louvered one (which I can no longer find, but I was planning on the mesh one anyways.)

G

·
see but there are so many different definitions of "ricer" that your version might be the opposite of someone else's. the general definition in this forum seems to be anything overly flashy and bling bling type of modifications. if you put on a split hood where it opens like barn doors with hinges on the sides of the engine compartments instead of backwards or forwards with a solid hood. some people will say thats a "rice" suggestion. as for me i say if the part comes from a idea from japan its a "rice" suggestion. neon interior lights, undercarriage lights, neon lights around your speakers, tv screens in your head rests and mirrors... very "rice" carbon fiber interior dash kits, hand grenade shifter nobs, nos tanks hiding under the front seats, any neon colored interior paint job. very "rice"

non "rice"; custom everything, gun metal rims, split hoods, metal flake interior paint jobs, a single in dash TV or one for your kid in the back, suicide doors, lambo doors, racing seats, safety harnesses, ect. some people say that racing seats is a rice suggestion, but he have been doing weight reduction kits on our racing cars long before the Japanese or any other Asian type race joined the racing scenes of cross country racing before we had track racing. tacking on a vinyl kit on the outside of your car is not a "rice" suggestion, but tacking on some vinyl Japanese, or Chinese lettering is pushing it.

now this is just my opinion, some people may have a different point of view, but thats theirs, and they are entitled to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive been looking at getting a new grill as well, I have an 04 lancer es, and I found some but it mentioned lower valance, i wasnt quite sure what was meant by that, I mean I have an idea, but I wanna be sure, and where did you get the evo-ish mesh, id like to see it..thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts