Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
99% of the time yes.

Are you asking about performance parts IE: intakes and exhausts? or about After market OEM replacement parts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
it depends on the part. for example.

if you had lowering springs, and your shocks blew. Your warranty wouldn't cover it.

However, if you had an intake, and your shocks blew, your warranty would still have to cover the parts.

The warranty is only void, if the aftermarket part is what caused a damaged part. or is directly related to that part. Another example would be a piggyback system. If you mess with the fuel maps and blow something in your engine. The warranty will not cover the problem.

It all depends on the parts. Which is why it's a good idea to go lightly on the modding while you have a warranty.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
If you put an intake on your car, they will find a way to void the warranty on the engine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Originally posted by EMC 3000gt@Dec 3 2007, 08:28 PM
If you put an intake on your car, they will find a way to void the warranty on the engine.
[snapback]125275[/snapback]​
depends if the intake has caused the problem. if not, then it is still covered under warranty. I had warranty work done on my cat converter, and i have an intake, fuel pressure regulator, ECU flash. But none of those caused the problem.

Some dealerships will try and say something isn't covered because of an aftermarket part, but unless that part is causing the problem then by law they have to honor your warranty

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
most people just say oh and ok and get destroyed by paying for something that should be free.

Good to hear some people know enough to argue it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts