Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Pioneer - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod™/Satellite Radio-Ready CD Deck, Model: DEH-P3900M to put in the empty compartment below the radio/heating controls in my 2004.5 Endeavor. I really want the iPod control with using the aux port and car speakers in the car but don't want to cut the face plate. I have a FM transmitter but it has some static. I was spoiled when I heard my friends car with the iPod hooked into the aux port.

Is it difficult to re-wire into the new receiver? I'm worried that it won't work and be a waste of money. If anyone knows or has done this before that can give me some pointers, that would be great. Or if you know of any websites that give some direction? Should I buy a box of extra fuses as backup javascript:emoticon(':)')
smilie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine has this FM modulator on his car. He doesn't have an Endeavor but he says he still gets some static. The FM modulator are better than the FM transmitters like I have. If I have to plug stuff into the back of the radio, I might as well spend an extra $100 and get an aux port, right!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you search some of the older threads, there are a couple on adding a stereo to the storage compartment below the AC/heater controls.

I'm not electronically inclined, so I had mine installed at Circuit City. I put an Alpine head unit with sirius radio, then ran an ipod cord into the glove box. No problems, except the reduced amount of storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts