Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Eclipse and have been thinking about replacing the RF Stereo. I like the double DIN touch screen head units that are also bluetooth ready for cellphone use. But, like everyone else with the RF Stereo there are some problems.
Is there a by-pass cable or adaptor that will allow the RF Amplifier to be used? I really don't want to replace amp or speakers. With a new headunit will the above dash unit still work? I don't expect the radio info to still be displayed, but will the compass, clock and outside temp still work?
I met one guy at the dealership who completely removed the RF System and installed a VERY EXPENSIVE custom system. Of course I forgot to ask him if the above dash unit still worked.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiggit @ Oct 13 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 2007 Eclipse and have been thinking about replacing the RF Stereo. I like the double DIN touch screen head units that are also bluetooth ready for cellphone use. But, like everyone else with the RF Stereo there are some problems.
Is there a by-pass cable or adaptor that will allow the RF Amplifier to be used? I really don't want to replace amp or speakers. With a new headunit will the above dash unit still work? I don't expect the radio info to still be displayed, but will the compass, clock and outside temp still work?
I met one guy at the dealership who completely removed the RF System and installed a VERY EXPENSIVE custom system. Of course I forgot to ask him if the above dash unit still worked.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks[/b]
I friend

check this link http://www.axxessinterface.com/vehicleguide_new.aspx
I change the RF for a new system whit an interfase from this dealer, whit this item you eliminate the Ecomm message error and change for MY ECLIPSE message and work the amp.

WARNING!! I back to the RF because the quality of sound is better just whit the stock system, if you really want a change you stereo change EVERYTHING, whit this solution you lose all the ambiental sound of your car.

good look!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I'd like to chime in on this topic if I can.

I have a 2006 Eclipse GS with the Rockford Fosgate 6 Disc Mp3 Changer in it, and after searching yes I agree with the poster above on needing a special warning harness that will hook up to the after market head unit you install. The good thing about the wiring harness you will need is, it will keep the Amp in your car active and it will also keep the speakers in the driver side and passenger side active as well. There is not much to wring up the harness to the wiring harness of the after market head unit. Here is the wiring harness I got for my car it's MITO-01 made by Axxess go to www.axxessinterface.com and just type in MITO-01 in the search on their website and it will pull it up. I didn't order mine directly from Axxess I actually find it cheaper off Amazon.

So pretty much all you do is wire the axxess wiring harness according to the wire diagram for the after market head unit and then also on the axxess wiring harness are a set of RCA jacks, those are what will keep the factory amp active along with the speakers in the driver side and passenger side. You take the one set of RCA's and plug them into the left and right front RCA output, and the other RCA's go into the left and right rear output. Once you get it all hooked up you will have a pretty big mess of wires, the axxess wiring harness is not small by any means, so you need to make sure you got plenty of space for the cables.

I have to dis-agree with the poster above about loosing sound quality with the axxess wiring harness. I will say this much, the Fosgate Sound System that came in my car sounded awesome, probably one of the best if not the best sounds in a car from a factory radio I have ever owned. I currently put a Pioneer DEH-P3100UB head unit in and the axxess wiring harness is hooked up to it and the sound quality is phenomenal! I actually think the Pioneer unit sounds a little bit better then the factory Fosgate did. I know we all hear stuff differently, but I don't hear any sound quality loss with having the axxess harness hooked up vs it not being hooked up.

And the other thing I needed was this http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/Vehicl...ts.html?tp=3121
that is because I had the 6 Disc Changer which is rounded and this chasis above is square to allow an after market head unit.

Hopefully this was helpful for ya, there is a little bit involved to get a after market unit installed if you want to go that road, but if you get the right wiring harness it does all the work for ya! lol And the easiest part is how simple the dashboard where the factory unit is at comes off, just grab it and pull it straight back towards you, and bam, comes right off and there 4 screws holding the factory unit in.

Good luck man! keep us posted on what you do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts