Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help Lancer guys...I’m usually in the Montero forums and first time to post here...Replaced my oe headunit with a Blaupunkt after market stereo...works great except for the static noise. There is a low ticking sound and also a whine..I used a Metra socket and followed the instructions carefully. I also noticed that the oe antenna is grounded but I added a ground wire and attached it to a metal dash frame..am I missing something here? I also noticed that it won’t hold memory overnight...Thanks in advance guys...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Izerous...i did follow all wire connections when connecting the aftemarket socket going to my original stereo socket. I read that a better ground might solve this...installed back my oe radio for now..will try to solve this when i have more time..

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
No I mean the casing on one of the wires might be damaged and shorting out as it makes contact with other things

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
I mean a damaged wire making contact with something metal or a pinched wire not allowing for proper contact

·
Registered
6 Posts
My grandpa just has that same problem, and anyone knows how to fix it, but in the end were the spark plug cables, I mean, I have no idea why, but it fix it, but the cables were special, I think, now, I have just check the service manual for a lancer, It says to, change spark plugs, and the earth cable attached from the intake manifold to the firewall and see what happens. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts