Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 300gt sl and was wondering what i have to do to install my grant streering wheel. I've read that you have to disconnet the battery for one minute and not sure what to do from there. anybody have a clue? and how would i disable the SRS waring light???

·
Registered
920 Posts
once you pull the stock steering wheel it will register as an air bag fault, and trigger the SRS light.

there is no way to turn it off other than pull the computer, or the light.

you will need to dis-connect the air bag, and perhaps radio controls to pull the wheel depending on what year you have.

some people say you need a wheel puller, others have done it without it.

good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if i were to pull the fuse for the air bag, would that do the trick and also i've heard the wait time is one minute after disconnecting the battery and safely pull the wheel off without the air bag going off, can anyone confirm this???

·
Registered
920 Posts
There may be capacitors in the SRS brain box. you could just wait a minute... I mean, what's a minute in the grand scheme of things.

I doubt the fuse out would work, but again, why not try it. otherwise, just pull the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Louie882 @ May 4 2006, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how do i pull the bulb out???[/b]

remove ur main gauge cluster from the dash and on the back there are bulbs for each individual light that lights up in there (ie. turn signals, check engine, ect.) just simply remember where on the front of the cluster the SRS light is and flip the gauge cluster over n find that appropriate little bulb...twist it out and problem solved no more bulb for the SRS light to light up!

·
Registered
259 Posts
when I installed my Momo wheel I just disconnected the battery for 10 minutes before I attempted to remove the S/wheel, once you have the bag off and you have undone the nut on the steering wheel, before you try and pull it off, do not remove the nut, make sure its on the threads by about 4 turns, then pull the wheel up and side to side you feel it when it comes off the taper, this saves having dental work done!

Tony

·
Registered
91 Posts
most places you ask will recommend waiting around 30mins to guarantee all charge has been removed from the SRS computer
as it can still remain active for a short while even with the battery disconnected

easy, just unplug it, go watch some tv, come back and carry on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts