Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be better for my 04 lancer a cool air intake or a short ram? cuz my friend said that the airfliter is my engine bay. so i really only need the short ram? what u guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
well when i researched the difference between a short ram and a cold air there is a big difference in horsepower. you get more from a cold air than a short ram. SR is easier to install and are cheaper. i have a aem sr in my 04 ralliart, only because where i live it rains alot and i didnt want to have to mess with changing the filter that often. my friend has a ca in his supra and it works great just when it rains alot and floods thats when it sucks. the sa that i have gave me about 8 more horses and it sounds great. hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by RAfreak@Mar 26 2007, 11:42 AM
well when i researched the difference between a short ram and a cold air there is a big difference in horsepower.  you get more from a cold air than a short ram.  SR is easier to install and are cheaper.  i have a aem sr in my 04 ralliart, only because where i live it rains alot and i didnt want to have to mess with changing the filter that often.  my friend has a ca in his supra and it works great just when it rains alot and floods thats when it sucks.  the sa that i have gave me about 8 more horses and it sounds great.  hope that helps.
[snapback]90199[/snapback]​
Did you dyno those 8 horses? The only reason I ask is because on a 2.4L it won't make THAT much of a difference because it's not a huge engine. Usually on larger displacement engines, it makes a difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
hey i know that if you cut the stock air box off on the ralliart it a perfect sr. but does anyone know the part number for the k+n filter to do it???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
i dished out 300 bucks for an aem v2 cai for a 96 integra, and it sounded GREAT! but barely any gain : /. sr is the best bang for you're buck. that extra pony isn't worth sucking water up into ur motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Originally posted by utiheadbanger@Mar 26 2007, 09:09 PM
Did you dyno those 8 horses?  The only reason I ask is because on a 2.4L it won't make THAT much of a difference because it's not a huge engine.  Usually on larger displacement engines, it makes a difference.
[snapback]90264[/snapback]​
truth is, it doesn't matter what kind of intake u have. the only difference ur gonna notice is the sound. unless u had a bedsheet as a filter in yer stock airbox
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,768 Posts
every time the discussion comes up between a SRI or a CAI the CAI gets knocked for sucking water into the engine. can one person on this whole forum ever say that happened to him/her? or is this just something that happened to one person and got spreaded around the world as something that happens all the time? cuz i don't know a single person that has had this happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Originally posted by Lewiman06@Jan 12 2008, 09:21 PM
every time the discussion comes up between a SRI or a CAI the CAI gets knocked for sucking water into the engine. can one person on this whole forum ever say that happened to him/her? or is this just something that happened to one person and got spreaded around the world as something that happens all the time? cuz i don't know a single person that has had this happen.
[snapback]134030[/snapback]​
i do. a buddy of mine had an accord with an h22 swap. a road in his neighborhood flooded alot. one day he hopped his passenger side wheels up on the curb to avoid it and ****ed up his rim. a few weeks (or months, i can't remember) same problem, but this time he just drove through it. bad idea.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top