Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aircon fuse keeps blowing, but it will work fine if i keep the engine revs down, if i have to overtake for example, and rev the engine, it pops the fuse, my only theory is the compressor pump is the problem, but it seems free enough to turn by hand...
Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I got my RVR a few months ago the voltage was pulsing. Took it to my local car electrics man who discovered it had the wrong alternator on it, which was trying to charge the battery to 16 volts!
You might have the same problem, as when revving the volts will rise, hence supplying more current to the aircon motor???

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You might have the same problem
Nope, even if you had the wrong alternator its the voltage regulator that controls the levels and it would cause havoc with everthing else. Blowing a fuse is due to current surge and since the AC compressor is driven by the motor and not an electric motor I doubt if this is the problem. I would possibly look at the clutch mechanism that engages the compressor. Maybe it cannot hold in during high revs and thus shorts out causing a current spike in the circuit.

Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Of course you are right Benckj about the drive to the aircon, it's not electric, temporary brain error here (at least I hope it's temporary!).
However, the alternator does have the regulator inside it, so when I said "alternator" I meant the whole unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts