Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2001 Mitsubishi Airtrek 2.4 GDI.
Recently I got a check engine light, connected my ODBII scanner and got the following code:

P1035 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit

This I am told is a failure of Oxygen Sensor 1 at Bank 1

Does anyone know where I can find this sensor on the car?

:liebe011:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment....bought the parts off Amazon.com (Bosch Oxygen Sensor and a socket to remove sensor)... it was a plug and play fix, had to clear the error code. Car is back to normal now.

:beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gregnov @ Mar 15 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the comment....bought the parts off Amazon.com (Bosch Oxygen Sensor and a socket to remove sensor)... it was a plug and play fix, had to clear the error code. Car is back to normal now.

:beer:[/b]

Please post the part number, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe this is my first post on this forum. I have been away from forums of all kinds for a while so I do not remember the general etiquet, i.e Should I revive an old thread that is related to my issue or do I start a new one. If I remember correctly a forums' regulars or supernumeries get cranky if a poster doesn't seek out an answer in the old posts and instead starts a new thread. Working off of that memory, I am reviving this thread.

I have a 2004 Outlander which has produced the code p0135 on two occasions. I read the code with my reader and both times reset the system. Learning the code indicates a bad upstream O2 sensor, I ordered a Denso with plug end from ROCKAUTO. Then, I crawled under the car to learn that the other end of the plug is not accesisible from under the car. I encountered one site that claimed the interior console had to be removed in order to access the other end of the upstream 02 sensor. So my question is, is this true? Or, can I somehow pull the grommet out from the bottome of the car and then have access? Or, is the best or preferred way to do this, siimply cutting the existing wire set and splicing the new O2 sensor in? If this last scenario the preferred solution then I will have to return the $120 part that I bought and look for what I believe was a cheaper "universal" part. Please advise.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you have a P0135 that is the front HO2 sensor. The one that goes through the floor is the downstream. I just changed this one on mine. Piece of cake, you pull out the grommets , disconnect and reverse the procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts