Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

I'm driving a chariot GDI Super Exceed bought 6 months ago.

When I took the car for first service, my mechnic simply replaced the oil + additive and spark plugs without telling me he could not find the oil filter and air leaner element certified the car fully serviced and walked away with $100.

Three weeks later the car gave fault signal , giving a weak pulling as if chocked and I took the car to him. He said the car needed service which he did by fitting the air cleaning element, claimng it as full service for another $100. But the light never went off and he simply took off some of the relays (sensors) in the fuse box to put the light off.

Later in the day the car could not charge the battery (battery signal was on) and a new battery was bought. But the following day the battery was dry again and he blamed the alternator. Up to this day he can not find the alternator and I can not drive the car. The altenator was dismantled for repairs. I suspect the relays he removed affected the charging system and the fault had to do with the battery requiring battery water which he did not check (I also overlooked it for a month).

Would you please help on these two issues:

1. I need original relay numbers for all relays in the top fuse box. (you may just take and send me a digital picture of the fuse box - because he claims some relays were not there)

2. I need the alternator - is it comptaible with other mitsubishi cars - say pajero?

My advice:
Take your cars to competent garages with capacity to understand electronic,computerised cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem with my Grandis Chariot. My alternator has been checked and it is okay but the car is not charging the battery. i keep seeing the battery light.

I am currently searching for the relatinship between the ECU and the battery light. Does anybody out ther know anything about this ?

Rgds

Shek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts