Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'LL KEEP THIS NICE , SHORT & STRAIGHT TO THE POINT(y)

I HAVE A 2013 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER SPORT.
BOUGHT IN 2017
MY CATALYTIC CONVERTER IS OUT (IT'S GOING TO COST $2000 AT MITSUBISHI THEY R THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN FIX IT BC THEY HAVE THE PART)*NO OTHER MUFFLER SPOT HAS IT.
MY CAR IS NOT ACCELERATING AND WILL NOT GO IN REVERSE.

QUESTON.
IS IT WORTH GETTING FIXED ? OR DO I JUST TRY TO GET A CAR CASH?
IS IT THE TRANMISSION ?
IM NOT RICH , AND CURRENTLY OUT OF WORK DUE TO COVID
(I STILL OWE 14,000 DOLLARS ON THE CAR!)

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
Has it had fault codes read from the transmission?

And what is wrong with your catalytic convertor?

By the way, please dont post in allcaps...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh apologies, They didn't say exact what is wrong with the catalytic converter they just said it needs to be replaced bc i cant pass emissions.
I cant read the fault codes bc my fuse is out on that part .

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
You cant read fault codes because the fuse is out?

Then you need to get that fixed as well, then get the fault codes for both your issues, and post them here and we will try to assist

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You cant read fault codes because the fuse is out?

Then you need to get that fixed as well, then get the fault codes for both your issues, and post them here and we will try to assist
Okay Will do that 2moro or Monday ! Will that tell what exactly is wrong with the transmission and catalytic converter ? Do I replace the fuse and then try to get the codes?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
You replace fuse then get codes.

it will not tell you exactly what is wrong, but the codes give us lots of information to point you in the right direction.

Also the transmission has something called an "oil degredation level" stored in its computer. That would also be useful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay Great! I'm on it . Will let you know how that goes come Monday !Or Tuesday
Thank you So Much for your advice and time will talk with you soon

·
Registered
19 Posts
You replace fuse then get codes.

it will not tell you exactly what is wrong, but the codes give us lots of information to point you in the right direction.

Also the transmission has something called an "oil degredation level" stored in its computer. That would also be useful
It sounds like someone pulled the fuse for the MIL indicator so they could sell it. You could have legal recourse cig you bought it from a dealer...

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
295 Posts
t sounds like someone pulled the fuse for the MIL indicator so they could sell it. You could have legal recourse cig you bought it from a dealer...
He bought the car 3 years ago.

The MIL lamp is not covered by a fuse, it is the computer that turns the lamp on. If you pulled the fuse out from the computer, you wouldnt be able to drive the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts