Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Anyone has installed a rear parking sensor on their 2008 Lancer? i think it would be useful especially for those of us who have the rear spoiler? If you have, was it easy and didnt mess up the rear bumper? (pics please if available)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im interested in installing parking sensors.

Somebody has installed them?

Advices, recommendations, LINKS...... :liebe011:

·
Registered
34 Posts
too be more practical is better install with a distant display, so that while you reversing your car the indicator will also show you the distant between the object and your car.

diameter 19mm

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whats that? like a beep that goes off when you are too close to somthing similiar to a backup cam without the beep lol

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Sensors beep... it would be nice if they could display a physical distance, but if they only beeped in my buddy's M5, I'm pretty sure they'd beep here too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
have my new evolution MR booked in to have them installed by dealer. just concerned that before installation, when the the twin clutch transmission is put in reverse, it makes a beeping noise inside the car like a truck reversing. not sure if this will be over-ridden by the warning beeps of the sensors?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by docrog@Aug 24 2008, 05:36 AM
have my new evolution MR booked in to have them installed by dealer. just concerned that before installation, when the the twin clutch transmission is put in reverse, it makes a beeping noise inside the car like a truck reversing. not sure if this will be over-ridden by the warning beeps of the sensors?
[snapback]197142[/snapback]​
You'd probably have more luck posting in the Evolution forums. :thumbsup:

What do the beeps sound like? Do you have the FAST key?

·
Registered
6 Posts
targetted this post, not evolution, as a continuing thread. it is the mitsubishi factory fitted parking sensors. the reverse warning beeps, when in reverse gear, do sound like a small truck's warning beeps, but within the cabin, not outside. not sure what the "fast" key is?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Do the beeps increase in speed when you get closer to an object behind you? I've heard of the parking sensors on the JDM Lancers... and seeing as how you are in Europe, it's most likely your country had access to the optional equipment as well.

The FAST key is a special keyless operation system (KOS) that allows you to operate all of the cars most used functions without actually using the key. If you have the fob in your pocket and you grab the drivers door handle, the door will automatically unlock. The ignition has a small knob inside it, so you can start the car without inserting the key inside the ignition.

Very handy feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
do have the fast key. mitsubishi dealer is putting reverse parking sensors ina demo and have offered me a free reversing camera, that displays in the mit. multi communication system. will report next week when job done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts