Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a brake kit to my Endeavor so I can utilize my brakes on my popup camper. I was wondering if anyone has added them? I have called a couple shops but they can't answer much about prices as they don't know if there is a coupler or not and I don't either. So I guess I am wondering to add a 7 prong harness does it need to be hardwired or is there a plug there already?

Also has anyone added a trany cooler after purchase? Where did you get it and what did it run to install? I found a nice hitch at etrailers.com so the hitch is taken care of once I order it but waiting to see if they have the other things too then I may just order everything at one time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a spare connector with a signal from the brake relay for use by a trailer.
It is located here:
[attachmentid=313]
You need to remove the tie-down hooks to the left of the spare tire. This will allow removal of the panel that hides the connector. The plastic in the middle of the hook comes out by popping it out with a flat screwdriver. That will reveal a 10mm bolt. I took a screenshot of the plug diagram from my manual- sorry I couldn't save it in a better format. The wire color codes are:
BR = Brown
G = Green
G-O = Green/Orange
[attachmentid=314]
Hopefully this is what you were looking for- I spent some time finding this myself.

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the Mits guys told me about that but that I don't think would work for a brake unit just for the standard 4 wire application. I was wondering more about some sort of plug under the dash to plug into as that is where the controller would need to be for operation. I will continue to look thanks though. If I am wrong on this please let me know. I will probably have someone else do the wiring as I would probably make the something start on fire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NDTracer - I'm looking to do add an electric brake controller also and was wondering if you could let me know what you ended up doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts