Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 TL Magna(aka Diamante) AWD, 6g75 engine, F5A51 automatic trans.
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the "normal" Australian forum aussiemagna.com has seemingly closed down.

I don't know if this is a temporary situation or not, but I wanted to put it out there to other Australian members that we might need to start another forum if the original one does not restart soon.

This forum seemed to be the logical place to keep in contact with others like myself who are potentially at a loss as to know how to maintain the knowledge base built up over the years.

My 2004 TL Magna(Diamante equivalent - except for the All Wheel Drive option that my car has) does everything that I want, and I was intending to keep it going for a lot longer yet, at least until it was 20 years old.

It has had a 6g75 transplant, and significant replacement of suspension and steering components, so it drives very well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last week the "normal" Australian forum aussiemagna.com has seemingly closed down.

I don't know if this is a temporary situation or not, but I wanted to put it out there to other Australian members that we might need to start another forum if the original one does not restart soon.

This forum seemed to be the logical place to keep in contact with others like myself who are potentially at a loss as to know how to maintain the knowledge base built up over the years.

My 2004 TL Magna(Diamante equivalent - except for the All Wheel Drive option that my car has) does everything that I want, and I was intending to keep it going for a lot longer yet, at least until it was 20 years old.

It has had a 6g75 transplant, and significant replacement of suspension and steering components, so it drives very well.

I started my own due to being sick of the place run just to promote the owners wrecking yard.
Losing everything cause an admin throws a tantrum is...inconvenient.
www.380db.com

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started my own due to being sick of the place run just to promote the owners wrecking yard.
Losing everything cause an admin throws a tantrum is...inconvenient.
www.380db.com
Thanks for this link to the 380 forum.

My TL AWD has a 380/6g75 transplant, so I might join.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Another new member here from aus.
I was trying to search up aussiemagna.com and noticed it was down, and found this forum & thread instead.

I thought I'd mention I have a partial backup of the forum from 2016-05-06 - it's a bit old and not 100% complete - it's of the Technical Forums only, and not all images are saved, but if it helps anyone out I could upload it somewhere:
Only issue is it's too big for any hosting I have, ~250MB compressed for text (html) only, triple that for the partial set of images I saved.

This is a good reminder to make backups of some other forums for old cars i'm interested in, as all these discussions are valuable and prone to disappear with little/no notice.

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Another new member here from aus.
I was trying to search up aussiemagna.com and noticed it was down, and found this forum & thread instead.

I thought I'd mention I have a partial backup of the forum from 2016-05-06 - it's a bit old and not 100% complete - it's of the Technical Forums only, and not all images are saved, but if it helps anyone out I could upload it somewhere:
Only issue is it's too big for any hosting I have, ~250MB compressed for text (html) only, triple that for the partial set of images I saved.

This is a good reminder to make backups of some other forums for old cars i'm interested in, as all these discussions are valuable and prone to disappear with little/no notice.
Hi fiveseven,

Thanks for your response.

It now looks like Mitsfix/Mal R/Madmagna is not going to be active in keeping the AMC forum going.

I look forward to obtaining the backup material that you have, as it will be very helpful in keeping my Magna running.

Kind regards,

John/Leadfoot6

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hey mate you will recognise me from AMC. Yes Mal shut the forum down sadly I have recently registered here also. He said I could get a copy of the database and have asked a couple of times now with no reply. I am missing it already :)

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rod,

Thanks for your reply.

You have a VRX I believe?

I need to try to do whatever is necessary to keep the AMC database intact, but I don't know as where to go from here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Rod,

Thanks for your reply.

You have a VRX I believe?

I need to try to do whatever is necessary to keep the AMC database intact, but I don't know as where to go from here.
Yes I have two VR-X. TJ and TL LE

TJ is manual, Pewter has 62,xxx kms and TL LE is auto, synroof, flame red has 136,xxx

You know Mal don't you? He has the database

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know of him.

His workshop did my 380 conversion 3 years ago, but he was away the week that was done.

I dealt with "Brendan", who did everything 100%.

I can't seem to contact Mal, by whatever means I try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I've tried him on messenger. I did get a response before christmas but not now
I will be placing an order for some parts before he moves them on via his Rhiatech store (parts have been removed from Ebay). He said he is now focussing on trailers. Had enough of the d##*&(s apparently

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I've tried him on messenger. I did get a response before christmas but not now
I will be placing an order for some parts before he moves them on via his Rhiatech store (parts have been removed from Ebay). He said he is now focussing on trailers. Had enough of the d##*&(s apparently
Hey guys, so sad to see aussiemagna go, I saw the domain is for sale, do you know by any chance how much Mal wants for it? would be keen to keep it going provided we can recover the data (so much useful info there)

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually emailed him last week and asked his permission to take the old forum over.
He said that was OK, but he never mentioned a price, or what was to take place.
I do not understand his current thought process, and he is very reluctant to provide a sensible answer to my enquiries.
If anyone has further information, please share.

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P.S. I forgot to mention that he said the site had been "hacked".
I really have a strange feeling about his whole approach to the situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
P.S. I forgot to mention that he said the site had been "hacked".
I really have a strange feeling about his whole approach to the situation.
oh right.. i forgot it was a .com domain, not good, most likely the ownership of the domain was transferred so I don't think we can get it back (try to fill out the form so see how much they want for it). In any event I have just registered www.aussiemagna.com.au , so lets get that back up and have the site going again.

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a good start I suppose.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I would pay a fee/subscription to keep it running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It now looks like Mitsfix/Mal R/Madmagna is not going to be active in keeping the AMC forum going.

I look forward to obtaining the backup material that you have, as it will be very helpful in keeping my Magna running.
Hi leadfoot & other AMC refugees.

I've uploaded the partial backup I mentioned making above, which is a scraping of the technical section of the forum, plus a small subset of the images, circa 2016:

AMC_Technical_Forums_Archive_20160506_shared.zip ~200MB

If i need to search it, given that it's just a static dump, I usually do so by opening a cmd/powershell window at the folder and searching via findstr utility, eg:
Code:
PS C:\...blah...\AMC_Technical_Forums_20160506\www.aussiemagna.com\forums> findstr /snipc:"coolant drain" *.html
archive\index.php\f-10-p-23.html:161: <li> <a href="t-24940.html">6g72 - Engine block coolant drain plug location</a></li>
archive\index.php\f-10-p-72.html:241: <li> <a href="t-81462.html">Stuck rear engine coolant drain plug (TJ 3.5)</a></li>
archive\index.php\f-11-p-13.html:188: <li> <a href="t-64550.html">Where's the coolant drain plug</a></li>
archive\index.php\f-11-p-16.html:89: <li> <a href="t-81662.html">Coolant drain plugs.</a></li>
archive\index.php\f-39-p-7.html:272: <li> <a href="t-99750.html">380 Coolant drain plugs</a></li>
archive\index.php\t-10325.html:32:(I don't know where abouts on a V6 but on the 2.6L 4 cyl there is a coolant drain bung in the block on the exhaust side behind a cover near the oil light switch)</div></div><hr />
archive\index.php\t-14397.html:135:<div class="post"><div class="posttop"><div class="username">_x_FiReStOrM_x_</div><div class="date">06-02-2005, 02:18 PM</div></div><div class="posttext">Definately do the coolant drain, and carry at least a 5l bottle with you.<br />
archive\index.php\t-15827.html:64:<div class="post"><div class="posttop"><div class="username">Astr÷n Boy</div><div class="date">11-03-2005, 10:14 AM</div></div><div class="posttext">all the gauges cept fuel are fine. unless someone really screwed the car prior, ive had 6 gauges, long story, and they all read the same temp. when my heat gauge goes to just over the half way mark, so I.....I..o..I then the car spues its guts, and all the lovely puke brown water comes from the resevoir tank.... yes i know its not good, its only done it 2ice since ive owned it and i fixed that quick smart. but the temp is ideal, it seriously is. if the arm never left the left side of the gauge, and it is 100% functional. then id say to you, u have issues, the only way to get that kind of result. is a complete coolant drain, and only have coolant thru the system, no water mix, and the thermo removed.<br />
If anybody gets a copy of the proper forum backup from Mal (either just the DB backup or the full site) i'd be interesting in grabbing a copy of it, and could possibly provide some technical assistance if someone were to host it or otherwise make it usable locally.

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is great progress.
I have downloaded the material, and it works.
Later, I will spend some time looking into this.
THANK YOU!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts