Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, hope somebody can help me.

I recently got a current model Lancer (in South Africa if that makes any difference) and am trying to figure out how to hook up my ipod. the owners manual shows an RCA jack just below the A/C controls. I have tried to open this and it doesn't want to budge - i have asked the dealership i bought it from and they could not get it open either - they say no one has asked about this before. is there some sort of trick to this? do i stick a screwdriver in and pop it open? don't want to force and break it!!

thanks. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
weird.. mine just flips right open. put your finger on the bottom part of the cover and pull towards you. it should just pop right open.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have the Navigation unit? If I am not mistaken you have to have that for the AUX port to be there. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe the NAV package come with Audio/Video RCAs and the rockford radio upgrade has the audio RCAs but the base model has none.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that is the way it works.

Do you have the Rockford Fosgate Headunit installed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:liebe011:
Hey guys,

thanks for the replies. i doubt very much that i have the rockford system (we're kinda limited for choice in South Africa - its either the 1.5l or the 2.0l - the only extra's are cosmetic one's). i have attached a picture of my head-unit as well as the cover where the jacks should be. i have checked the owners manual again, and it says that the aux controls only come with the "premium" sound system - however, the head-unit pictures in that section of the manual looks exactly like mine. i did a bit of research using google, and the rockford unit looks exactly like mine, with the exception of having the rockford fosgate name on it. the unit i have does have an aux function, which you activate by holding down the "CD" button - also, the dealer sells ipod cable's for this car as optional extra's!!

i have also emailed the "contact us" address on the south african mitsubishi site and will see what they come back to me with.

thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
alot of scratches trying to get it open i see

there is a way to get around this but you have to take your whole dash off to get to the radio and in the back you will have to do some sort of wiring to get the rca to come out and make it possible to plug in.

i read somewhere, where the guy did this and had the cord sticking out of the dash from the back of the radio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi neets21

If that second picture is of that lower console area, where the ashtray and cigarrete lighter are, you defintely don't have the aux jack directly behind that plate as there should be a second cover plate over (that reads Aux) that flips up to reveal the left and right input plugs. Now as lancerpower4b11 stated, the Aux wire is most likely just tucked up behind the radio but will take some work to get to and there was in fact someone on the forum who brought it out from behind the centre console on the side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys.

think i'll pay the r300($40) to the dealer for the cable and make it their problem!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im basically having the same problem. Where is that jack supposed to be?
I want to know the best way to play my ipod through the MMCS.

I have a lancer es and I can't seem to find any AUX or RCA outlets anywhere. There is an AUX outlet on the bottom of the MMCS screen once you open it, but even when I control my ipod n stuff i can't hear anything come out of the speakers.

please help!

BTW - I have been given the same exact run around - as far as dealership pricing it does fluctuate between $60 and $300. I do believe one is for the kit (higher one) and the other is for the cable (the cheaper one)

Bottom - line I beleive I can put this thing together myself, but I see no outlets. I even took it to audio shops and they remark on how cool the system is, but don't have a clue either! LOL
:puzzled: :hyper:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have the RF stereo (no nav). I do have the aux jacks, but there's no cover on mine. They are just below the a/c controls in the little lighted compartment.
Are you guys saying there's supposed to be a cover over them to hide them? Mine are in plain site.

To the op... if you have the nav or r/f stereo then you should have the jacks. No r/f stereo means no jacks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Originally posted by NY-09GTS@Oct 3 2008, 01:32 PM
To the op... if you have the nav or r/f stereo then you should have the jacks. No r/f stereo means no jacks.
[snapback]211788[/snapback]​
This is not true. I dont have Nav or RF and I do have the AUX jacks. It was part of the Tech and Apperance package on the 08 ES (FAST, Bluetooth, Aux inputs, Chrome Window sills, NO RF, NO Nav, NO Body Kit)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crome window sills? WOW! I see NY-09GTS - umm has a GTS

soo, are the jacks (supposed to be) in the place on the ES versions? Under the AC units??? I just looked... and not for me. I just found out my cigarett ashtray pops out, thats cool

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Originally posted by awg0020@Oct 3 2008, 03:55 PM
This is not true. I dont have Nav or RF and I do have the AUX jacks. It was part of the Tech and Apperance package on the 08 ES (FAST, Bluetooth, Aux inputs, Chrome Window sills, NO RF, NO Nav, NO Body Kit)
[snapback]211795[/snapback]​
Oh cool, thanks for the correction. Must be an 08 package/option. I have an 09. I don't think the 09's have that package and I don't see aux jacks as an option either. Mitsu keeps changing the packages, I cant keep them straight.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Originally posted by awg0020@Oct 3 2008, 02:55 PM
[snapback]211795[/snapback]​
+1 thats how mine is but i couldnt stand the chrome window pieces so they got painted black :) :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
It doesn't look like you actually have the AUX input. That I do believe only comes with the Sound&Sun package first of all.

The space that you're seeing is there for the AUX input which is a small unit that goes where the space is.

But what you are trying to open is a solid piece of plastic.

It's probably made like that for an easier installation once the unit is being put in.

If you actually had the unit in there it would stick out more (i.e. not be flushed with the rest of that compartment), it would say AUX on it and it would open.

You don't have that installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea, sorry but you dont have it. it sits right in the middle of the 2nd picture its a little flap. i have the rockford fosgate and have the audio jack. sorry bud that blows.im loving my 08 gts :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have this problem, I live in Australia and just got the aussie VR lancer, which is the American ES i believe.

the australian mitsu website says that the aux input is standard on my car, but i cant get the plate off, and the manual says its there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts