Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an Endeavor. I had thought to buy a Limited with AWD and Traction Control, so as to have the best of all worlds in snowy conditions. I've read where the AWD doesn't always do well in snow--people usually blame it on the Bridgestone tires. So, AWD with traction control makes sense.

However, my wife really wants the DVD feature and it seems from the Mitsubishi website that you cannot get both DVD and traction control on an AWD--go figure.

With all that said, my question is this....for the Endeavor, which will handle better in snowy conditions--AWD or FWD with traction control?

Thanks for your help on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The option that I'm seeing on the Mitsu website is the Mitsubishi Active Skid and Traction Control (M-ASTC).

This is a $950 option.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I made some phone calls and did some internet searching. Here's what I found:

The 2005 Limiteds have the same traction control and anti-skid system as the 2006's. Which it seems to me that AWD with traction control and skid control would be the best of all worlds.

Interestinly, the 2005 owner's manual apparently doesn't say anything about Mitsubishi Active Skid and Traction Control (M-ASTC). Yet, this appears to be what you get with 2005 traction control.

If anyone has seen anything that says that the M-ASTC was an optional add-on to the 2005 traction control system, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, has anyone had experience with this system on their 2005/2006 Endeavor Limiteds?

A safe and relaxing weekend to all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts