Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

we purchased a 2.4 spacewagon last night and all was well. We drove about 50 miles and all of a sudden it started to stall at lights and then will not pick up. you have to feather the throttle furiously and then now and again it picks up.
Once you get going and keep it above 2000rpm its fine but that means a lot of heel toe

Also it wont now start and just fires burbles then depressing the accelerator seems to do nothing and then it dies.

HELP please because I am so hacked off.......

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have similar experience in my RVR. I notice that this happens after using the car for several days. Sometimes while running, it just stalls and the accelerator wont work anymore. However, after turning of the engine and restarting it again, it will back to normal, then after a while the problem goes back. After sometime, I learned that resetting the ECU by removing the negative battery terminal for at least 30 sec will temprorarily fix it and make you run again for few days.

Anyone here have ideas on how to fix it? Tomorrow ill try to datalog to see if some sensors are dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts