Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! To make a long story short I wanted to replace all the seals while doing my buddies T-belt on his rallyart lancer 06 with the 4g69 2.4L engine. Everything was going smooth until I reached the balance shaft seal. First the seal is not listed in any catalogue ( timken , national , beck-arnley , federal-mogul etc ) So I had to go by size and order it from a specialty seal shop. Then came the problem of removing the sprocket pulley , obviously the pulley spins and the configuration of the block prevents you from using a pulley holder and of course you cannot put a strap wrench around it. So I made a special tool to remove it ( and torque it when im done) I can share a picture if anybody interested.

So I was sure it was the end of my problems , but when I removed the bolt the balance shaft ¨felt¨ back into the engine , I can fish it , but I cant fish it and hold it in place and put the shim and the pulley and the bolt all in place.

Also , does this shaft has a block bolt like the other balance shaft ?

Any ideas ??????

Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
The couple people familiar with the innards of the 4G69 are not really active anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts