Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer under a 100k miles. Anyway my mechanic can’t figure out why the battery is being drained if you leave the car sit for a day or more. He has put a new battery in & replaced the battery cables thinking that may be the issue but it was not. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this may be caused from?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
262 Posts
Your mechanic needs to connect an ammeter to the battery cable to check for current draw, and then isolate each circuit until the problem is found

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer under a 100k miles. Anyway my mechanic can’t figure out why the battery is being drained if you leave the car sit for a day or more. He has put a new battery in & replaced the battery cables thinking that may be the issue but it was not. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this may be caused from?
Your mechanic needs to connect an ammeter to the battery cable to check for current draw, and then isolate each circuit until the problem is found
ok so I’m sure he dumbed it down for me but this is what he told me “he said he hooked up a computer to the car & everything it said it was, he said it wasn’t”. So is that the same thing you are telling me he needs to do? Or is what you said different? I just want to make sure it’s not the same thing he’s already done...

·
Registered
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS
12 Posts
A little more info would help. When did this started happening? Has anything been replace, change or added to the vehicle lately prior to the vehicle being drain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little more info would help. When did this started happening? Has anything been replace, change or added to the vehicle lately prior to the vehicle being drain?
No the problem started a few months ago. There was a loose battery cable and we had the cable replaced and a new battery put in about a month ago and got the car back and if it sat longer than a day we had to jump it because the battery would be dead

·
Registered
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS
12 Posts
No the problem started a few months ago. There was a loose battery cable and we had the cable replaced and a new battery put in about a month ago and got the car back and if it sat longer than a day we had to jump it because the battery would be dead
The battery shouldn't after a day of sitting.. Something is draining the battery. So no other things were replace or fidget at all?

·
Registered
1998 Mitisbishi Galant ,Model :E-EA1A SRGC4,Chassis #:EA1A-018824 ,ECU :MD346982, Engine 4G93
9 Posts
Hello,
The best way to check for current drain is to use a clamp on Ammeter on the negative lead of the Battery. Select the lowest range of the meter then take off the positive lead of the battery to make sure the current is zero. Put back the Main positive cable that go back to the starter alone then add the other cables one by one to see which one is draining the current.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts